Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Remembering

Remember my ode to Lu's Pizza? Well, I received news via Facebook this morning that the woman behind those masterpieces passed away last night. I failed to mention this before, but she is also my cousin's paternal grandmother.
As people pass away who I have known or, in this case, have pretty much just known about, I wonder if they realize all the different ways they will be remembered in this world.
I don't mean to be morbid or a downer, but do you ever wonder how you will be remembered? I wonder. It really is mind boggling to think about all the different roles I have already played--we all play--in this life. There's student, employee, teacher, drama instructor, piano teacher, customer, friend, not to mention granddaughter (in-law), daughter (in-law), sister (in-law), wife, & mother, and on and on and on.
I saw a quote once that said, "Live so that there is standing room only at your funeral." Again, kind of morbid, but some good advice to live by. I actually hope God allows me to grow old enough so that there aren't many people left to come to my funeral, but we shall see. :o)
I have decided I want to be remembered by the world, in no particular order, as a woman of faith, a good friend, and a good cook who never passed up dessert.
I think that about covers it.

How do you want to be remembered?

No comments:

Post a Comment