Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Cool Pie

Now that our days have finally warmed, it is time for a refreshing pie recipe. I just happened to find key lime juice at one of the bigger grocery stores in the area. I LOVE Key Lime Pie and thought I was going to have to return to the Keys if I was ever going to experience a real key lime pie again.
Not so! It turns out the fine people in Key West ship this liquid sunshine all over the country! Who knew?
There was a recipe on the back of the bottle, so I thought that would be a good project for my mom and her grandchildren to try out this past weekend. It was super yummy.

Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Pie
1-14 oz. can fat free or regular sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup key lime juice
Combine milk, egg yolks, and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Pour into 9-inch graham cracker pie shell and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. All to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating. Just before serving, top with whipped cream.

(This isn't our pie, but doesn't it look pretty?) :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment