Thursday, February 21, 2013

unslumping myself

As Dr. Seuss taught us many years ago, "When you're in a slump, you're not in for much fun, for unslumping yourself is not easily done."
Yes, I appear to be in a winter slump.
And the Dr. was right about climbing out of it.

I am not complaining.  Somehow influenza has so far missed our home. Except for a shared cold, we've all been good.  We are all super, super thankful for our family's health, and of course, all of our other blessings that are always too many to count.
But, still, I'm bored with the mundane tasks of life.  (One would think that this would also mean that my house is perfectly clean and organized, but that is not the case.)  Everything I do is soon undone and, although this provides plenty of job security, it's getting a little old.  Although I am also thankful that I don't have to venture out into the freezing cold mornings to an outside job, the walls of this house are getting a little blah--even with a new coat of paint.

I need some FUN!!!!

Usually, we get away somewhere for a few days for a winter vacation.  But, this year, (again--not complaining!), our November free-time was spent in Rochester with Rachel's surgery and, although we talked about putting something on the calendar for January, we didn't know where she would be recovery-wise.  It looks like March could be promising, but we will be taking a few days for a trip out there again for Rachel's check-up.  (Maybe, if we can stay an extra hour or so and eat at John Hardy's BBQ, I will count it as a vacation.) :o)

I'm ready for a new season.
I'm ready to buy some flowers, maybe plant a vegetable garden (I haven't committed to that yet), dig in the dirt, take walks down the road.
There are some fun trips and reunions on the calendar this summer, but for now there's a lot of white out there with several weeks of winter left.

I need to get myself unslumped.

Any ideas????

1 comment:

  1. I have been feeling the same way! We took a little vacation, but I am still feeling Blah! Influenza struck our house and the rest of our daycare. I hope it stays away...its no fun. If you figure out to get unslumped let me know! :) I am ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete