Thursday, November 5, 2009

Oral Interp Success

I've been busy tending to my part-time oral interp coaching gig these past few days. Being the District chairperson made for a bit more work preparing this year, but I have to say it was pretty fun. I especially liked the part where I was the first to know the results of each contest. No waiting meant I didn't have to spend the day nervous for the outcome after the last session.
I am super proud of my oral interp kids as they came in 2nd in team points at the District Contest yesterday!
Also, we have many advancing to the Region Contest--we had winners in 5 of the 7 categories!
We are coming together as a team and it is a great feeling. Maybe it is the fact that this is my third year with them. Or--maybe it is the fact that I am always an easy sell for stopping for ice cream after a contest.
Whatever it is, it seems to be working for us. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment