Sunday, November 22, 2009

Baby Thomas Blake

I have been continuing to follow Thomas' story in the past few weeks. This little boy is such a miracle--surpassing all expectations that have been set for him. Even when his doctors told his parents he probably wouldn't wake up from his coma, he began to open his eyes as his parents were processing the bad news. He turned 6 months old in these past weeks, sees, hears, and responds. Now, however, he faces a new setback in his recovery and tests are being done to see what is wrong.
Say what you want about technology. I think it can be a powerful and wonderful thing. Thomas now has had over 50,000 visits on his page--from friends, family, and strangers who have stopped to pray for him. He has not only brought Christians together, but people of all faiths. Imagine--one very sick little boy in a hospital doing that. God truly works through all of us--no matter where we are, how young, how old, or how weak.
I read his mother's posts hoping every time that the newest one will announce a great step in his recovery. I read so that I can pray for his family, knowing that the road between the Omaha hospital and his dad & sisters back home is way too far. I read to witness his mother's amazing faith and strength, realizing that my daily struggles are what she would give anything to face right now instead of the heartache no parent should ever have to bear.
None of us knows what the future will hold or what crosses we may be called to bear. Even though I always TRY to see my blessings, I know my sighs, eye rolls, and sometimes short temper toward my children can cloud my view quite a bit.
Please do what I did tonight and kiss your rambunctious, messy, loud, naughty, & healthy kids and say a little extra prayer of thanks for your miraculous blessings. While you are at it, please send up an extra prayer for baby Thomas. I know his family would appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment