Thursday, November 19, 2009

Actually a Really Good Idea

Those were David's words, not mine, but I have to agree.
Teresa received some really nice kitchen gadgets for her birthday, but we didn't have a place to store them or keep them organized.
I thought of hanging them on pegboard and then did some searching on the internet for ideas. I found that Julia Child actually had a pegboard wall in her kitchen! Well, I thought, if it was good enough for Julia Child's kitchen, it was certainly good enough for my daughter's!
I started out just painting the board lavender. That wasn't enough, so I added a border, then a cupcake & cookie. Nathan suggested a spoon and bowl and David suggested an oven mitt. With flour, sugar, salt, & pepper added it was finished.

I carried it in the house and it has been a hit with all three kids. The boys love to move the hooks around and have even requested their own John Deere pegboard for their room. Teresa loves to hang the different items on them.
I love it because, for now, the toy room is a bit organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment