Monday, November 30, 2009

She Takes the Tractor Another Round

On Saturday night, Landen told the crowd at Snow Queen that his parents "drive tractors in fields" all day. The rest of the stay-at-home moms got recognition for helping the younger siblings or cleaning the house, but not me! Except for that afternoon when I helped David in the field for an hour I had not been in the tractor for a very long time. Well, it seems Landen had a feeling that hour on Saturday was going to lead into more hours because I have, in fact, put in several since then!
Teresa and I now make up a mother-daughter team in the 4-wheel drive tractor pulling the aerator in the harvested fields. It really isn't that difficult of a job. I hear a beep as I come to the end, I turn the tractor onto the next round, push the Auto Steer button, and it takes off on its own. Teresa keeps busy eating her snack or cleaning the tractor windows. I can see on my monitor where I have been and how much I have left. It's actually kind of fun, but only because I know I don't have to do it ALL of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment