Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What a Day!

Today was Region Oral Interp. I swear it was the toughest and most unpredictable contest I've ever been to. By the last category, I was extremely nervous wondering if I was going to be able to take any students to compete at the State Festival or not. Only an alternate had been announced from our school, even though all performed very well.
Our Reader's Theater (made up of 6 students performing a piece together) was the last to perform . . . and the last winner announced for the day! I truly thanked God and breathed a HUGE sigh of relief.
Oral Interp is such a hidden activity. Even though we have been practicing since September 1, very few people actually see these kids perform their pieces. Not even all of the parents come to the local contest.
After I have seen them working day after day to perfect what they are doing, it hurts a little when I find out their road has ended for the year. It's not as noticeable as the volleyball team losing the championship game, but it is still important to these kids and me--their coach.
I am thankful to have several returning students again next year. My new freshman did VERY well for her first year and has lots of experience behind her from this season.
Before next year, though, we have a State Festival ahead of us!
I am so thankful our team can be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment