Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Valentine's Day Countdown

We are ALWAYS counting down to something at our house.
Currently, we are counting down to the next time I teach piano lessons (so Teresa can play with my students), Super Bowl, when our supper guests will arrive next weekend, and probably several other things I don't remember or I am just not aware of yet.
I came across this Valentine's Day Countdown craft from catholicicing.com today.  Teresa and I put it together this morning and she can't wait to take off the first link tomorrow!  It comes with 14 Bible-verse links, so I just added another one that says, "What do I LOVE most about my family?" to the chain so that we don't have to wait one more day to start!
Follow the link to get it all printed and done for you.  All you have to do is cut and fold the strips into hearts (fold in half and then staple the top).  Be sure to link each folded heart before you staple it into a heart shape.  I ALMOST made this mistake . . . but maybe I'm the only one without that foresight.
Despite the blog's name, it is not necessary for you to be Catholic to make this craft.  I promise. :o)
Now, off to find out more about St. Valentine so we can put a little meaning into our Valentine's Day celebration beyond balloons and chocolate!  Only 15 days left!


No comments:

Post a Comment