Sunday, January 13, 2013

Kids in the Kitchen--LOVE!

Let me clarify, kids in the kitchen who are fighting, chasing each other . . . I don't love that so much.
BUT--if they are cooking, well, that I LOVE!

Landen and Nathan have both taken a turn making Microwave Apple Crisp.  All I have to do is peel/core the apples and take the finished product out of the microwave at the end of our meal!
You can find a photo of the finished product on www.allrecipes.com.  (Blogger is not letting me upload photos . . . grrrr.)

Microwave Apple Crisp

4 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp nutmeg (just because I love nutmeg with my apples)

Spread apples evenly in a lightly greased 8 inch square pan or a glass pie plate.  In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and spread over the apples.  Microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until apples are tender.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment