Saturday, January 5, 2013

Little Miss Crafty Pants

Would you look at me go!
The kiddos give me a little wiggle room, I join Pinterest and my inner Little Miss Crafty Pants reemerges.
 
At some point during the Great Christmas Vacation Clean Out, I raided the old sweater drawer.  I had almost a whole drawer full of sweaters that I had promised myself I would wear again, but hadn't . . . in a few years. 
I had seen this idea in a magazine somewhere along the line, (it is also on Pinterest), so I put a few coordinating sweaters aside to give it a try. 
I went downstairs to my jar collection and found several of different sizes.  That was not a problem.  From all of the jars I have hoarded in my basement, you would think that I canned a little more than just four pints of apple pie filling last fall.  At least some are now getting used in a re purposed way! :o)
My favorite is the fish bowl I covered using the turtle neck of the light green sweater.  I used the sweater's bottom trim to add a little more dimension.  I hand sewed the sweaters around the bottom of the jars to keep the cut ends underneath, but they could be glued.
These only take minutes to do and would be a great kids' craft, too.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment