Friday, January 25, 2013

All he has to worry about . . .

Calving has begun at our farm.  Our first baby arrived a little over a week ago.  We had a set of twins earlier in the week, and now the boys have their long awaited bottle calf to feed.  Rachel loves watching the cows on the monitor in her room/our office and can now say "Moo." 
Most people start calving in late February or March to avoid the coldest months of the year, but after David built a large barn to house the mamas and babies several years ago, he moved the start of calving back to January.  There were other reasons, too, for this decision, but those aren't important right now. 
What's important is what my husband declared he has to worry about this time of year.
Earlier this week, David was telling me how he likes this new calving schedule . . . I missed a little bit . . . and then he finished with, "All I have to worry about is how far to keep my barn door open at night."
I couldn't just let that comment go.

Yep.
That's all he has to worry about this time of year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment