Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pinterest is Not Evil :o)

As you know, it took me awhile to jump on the Pinterest bandwagon. 
But, I am here to report that it is NOT evil. :o)  I just didn't understand it before.  And, as long as you follow the "all things in moderation" rule and don't abandon your family to fill up your boards, it can be a very useful tool in keeping house and family altogther! 
Our family just enjoyed a most fantastic weekend with aunt Angela and cousins Carter and Lily.  While they were here, we tried two Pinterest recipes with yummy results!

The first was peanut butter and chocolate covered Fritos.  Pour a bag of Fritos in a baking pan (9x13 or larger), mix up a peanut butter/sugar/corn syrup combo and prepare it on the stovetop as you would for Scotcheroo bars.  Pour this over the Fritos with mini chocolate chips.  Yum, yum, yum.  Pinterest is not evil, but this recipe kinda is. :o)

We also tried the Baked Cheese Balls by cutting up string cheese, dipping the pieces in milk, and rolling them in seasoned breadcrumbs.  We baked them on a cookie sheet at 425 for 8-10 minutes.  Our attention was diverted at the end (we did have 6 kids running around), so they ended up melted.  But, as Grandma Shirley always says, "It will still taste good!"  And they did.  Last night David requested them again.  I used cut up pepper jack cheese and panko bread crumbs.  Not accounting for a different type of cheese, different position of the oven rack, etc., I didn't keep a close eye on them.  They were melted, but still yummy.  I ate my melted crunchy cheese puddles as a topping on the fish I was eating.  I think there may be a new recipe idea there . . . .

Maybe I'll have to pin it!

No comments:

Post a Comment