Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cart Contents

You can tell a lot about a shopper by his or her cart contents.  Once in awhile the cashier will even comment on mine.
"You must be making tacos tonight."
"That's a hungry baby you've got!"
I didn't receive any comments yesterday, but my cart sure warranted one.
I had fruit, vegetables, milk, baby snacks, 3 bottles of vodka and a bottle of amaretto (for David).
I think my cart said, "I am a mom and this is how I get through the day." 

I am starting a 2013 batch of vanilla to have ready by Christmas. I had the vanilla beans, but no vodka for them to swim in. 
I got home with just about enough time to drop off the groceries to their appropriate rooms and skedaddle off to pick up Landen from basketball practice and continue onto Religious Ed with the boys.  I left the bottles on top of the deep freezer in their bag.
When I got home, Teresa did an experiment to see what happens when you raise the freezer door while there is something on top of it.  The bag and its contents slid to the floor behind the freezer, and knowing the length of my arms and how much fun it was going to be to get them out, I was not too happy about it.
David came downstairs to find me on my stomach on top of the freezer, reaching with all my might and coming up with one liquor bottle after another. 
He didn't buy my vanilla making plan. 
I have to say, that is the most effort I have ever gone through for a bottle of vodka in my life!
I'm sure he would have done the same thing for his amaretto. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment