Thursday, January 24, 2013

Things I Must Do More of. . .

All those compliments that go unsaid?  I need to put more of those into words.

When someone pops into my mind who may need some encouragement?  I need to send them a note.

When people in all different areas of service help me (even if they are getting paid)?  I need to genuinely thank them.   (They like that and are usually got off guard, which is kind of fun.)

The mom holding a 1 year old in one arm and unloading the shopping cart with the other?  I need to help her out.  I liked it when the mom who had "been there" gave me a helping hand the other day.

The mom who is drowning in the "joys" of toddlerhood?  I need to tell her that it DOES get better. 

It really does.  Just last night I was thinking we are already halfway through our time with Landen living in our house!  It seems like just yesterday I so desperately wanted to send him away to Potty Training Camp and here he is reading his new Simon Winchester book about shipwrecks on the Atlantic.  I recently bought it for him, but I didn't think he'd be ready to devour it for a few years.  He finished his giant Imponderables book and started in on it right away.  (Thanks to The Corner Book Shoppe and aunt Amanda, more Winchester is on the way.  Shh. . . don't tell!) 

Speaking of which, I must read more.  Maybe Atlantic after Landen is finished!














No comments:

Post a Comment