Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Walking to Nowhere

I finally bought a treadmill this past January and I love it. I do NOT like to walk outside in the cold, so it was a perfect solution until we are able to get outside. I have a feeling I will use it in the summertime, too, since I do NOT like to be hot, either.
I feel great when I get a mile or so in a day and most days I can do that. The problem comes in when I take a weekend off. Even though I know it makes me feel better, it is really difficult to get the motivation to start walking again. I took most of last week off when I was dealing with my kids' random fevers. It was a lame excuse, I know, but it worked for me.
However, this week I am back walking again. I feel better as long as I put in the work. Funny how that works! I am determined not to let my treadmill become a very expensive clothes hanger!

No comments:

Post a Comment