Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sick Day

This is my second sick day in a row. For some reason, my sinus troubles have settled into my throat and knocked me on my butt for the past couple days. I am so thankful to David & my inlaws for entertaining Nathan yesterday. Of course, Teresa had to one-up me and get 2 molars at one time. It's been quite pleasant around here as you can probably imagine!
I am a horrible sick person. I have no idea why my mom still kept me around the first time after I was sick and old enough to talk. I remember whenever I was sick lying on the couch and repeating over and over, "I don't feel very good." She would answer, "I know." It is a mystery, but I only remember one or two days of her being sick. No doubt there were more, but being the awesome mom she was and is, I couldn't tell.
Of course, I am not able to lie on the couch and whine anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't want to! I think my kids kind of like when mom is down. They get to watch more movies and I can't run as fast to catch them when I need to.
For me, that is the worst. I can't be the mom I need to be when I am sick. I know there are many moms who are dealing with much bigger health crises than I ever have. I am thankful this virus will hopefully run its course in a few days. But, until then, I just have to say, "I don't feel very good."

No comments:

Post a Comment