Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Precious Moments

from "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins

Five years later there's a plumber working on the water heater
Dog's barking, phone's ringing
One kid's crying, one kid's screaming

She keeps apologizing
He says They don't bother me.
I've got 2 babies of my own.
One's 36, one's 23.
Huh, it's hard to believe, but ...

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These Are Some Good Times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
Yeah, you're gonna miss this

Lately I've returned to country tunes while I'm driving (if we are not listening to KidStuff on Sirius Radio). I always like when this song comes on. It reminds me that as crazy as the toddler stage can make me, it will not last forever. Someday I will have three teenagers at one time--GRREEAT! But, when that someday comes I know I will look at these times as simple in comparison. I will wish I can still pick them up and put them in their rooms--if nothing else to protect them from the world.

There is a saying, "The days are long, but the years are short." I don't know how that is possible, but it is a definite mystery of life. Another mystery is that we tend to forget some or most of the pain or frustration of the difficult times. Otherwise, do you really think moms would have more than one child each?

Let's try to appreciate the present as difficult as it may be. Someday we will remember the precious times of this stage and wonder why we were in such a hurry to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment