Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Unique Day

David's parents surprised us this morning by offering to take the boys for the day. I don't know who was more excited--the boys or me. After yet another blizzard day all together in the house, we were all needing to see some new faces and places. They all had a wonderful time together while David, Teresa, and I enjoyed the quiet.
I got a mile in on the treadmill this morning, my kitchen floor scrubbed, and a couple scrapbook pages done. But that wasn't the best part. David and I got to see Teresa do things in a whole different environment. She brought us "food" from her kitchen and showed us her baby doll. As David said, she usually can't get from the dining room to the kitchen without the "defensive line" stopping her! When we went into the living room after dinner, she flipped open her animal magazine and lay down on her tummy to read it. We spent a lot of time just snuggling this afternoon. It was heavenly!

I must include a funny, slightly disfunctional, but very true quote I heard yesterday on a rerun of "Yes Dear",
"There are some times in the day that that little one scares the hell out of me!"
It made me giggle.

OK--blogging time is over. The boys are back and they each have a spatula in the living room. This can't end well.

No comments:

Post a Comment