Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Things I never expected in life . . .

Hearing David tell Nathan, "Don't lick the pickup."

Catching a chewed up dried apricot from Teresa's mouth with one hand while measuring molasses for my cookie dough with the other. (Don't worry if you have a molasses cookie at my house in the near future--they did not touch!)

Telling Teresa "thank you" for the booger she put in my hand. (I was not cooking or baking that time!)

Hearing Landen ask me, "When is Teresa going to talk like a human?"

The pure joy I get from hearing my kids say, "I'm sorry", "Please" or "Thank you" without being prompted.

Telling my boys their artwork is beautiful and really meaning it. (Maybe that is where the expression "something only a mother could love" comes from.) But really, from Landen's landscapes to Nathan's "eggs" I am always excited to see what they have transferred from their brains to their paper.


To be continued . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment