Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympic Time!

The Olympics start today and we are ready to watch! I really like the every-two-years format they have gone to instead of having both the Summer & Winter in the same year like they used to do. (Am I dating myself admitting that I remember the former schedule?) Four years is a long time, but now it seems like we were just cheering on Michael Phelps and now we're ready for skating and ski jumping.
I just love the Winter Olympics and have wonderful memories watching them growing up. I don't remember the exact years, but I remember cheering for Kristi Yamaguchi & Bonnie Blair, watching Dan Jansen win gold in his last Olympic race (1994 Lillehammer--still THE best Olympic moment EVER!), witnessing Sarah Hughes coming from fourth place and winning gold on home soil, and let's not forget, discovering the sport of Curling.
Landen is excited to see all of the countries' flags at the Opening Ceremonies, since he has been studying the world flags in his 2010 Time for Kids Almanac. Did you know Libya's flag is all green like a John Deere tractor? Yep. We'll be watching for that one.
This morning Landen, Nathan, & their cousin Carter practiced their "Olympic Sports" on the snow hill in our yard. Landen was so proud of his ramp and I was able to get a picture while he was airborne.

Have fun watching some of the world's greatest athletes in these next days. I know we will.

1 comment:

  1. We're excited to watch too!! I love that pic. It put a huge smile on my face. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete