Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ole & Lena's Wedding

Last night I was so thankful to be invited to "Ole & Lena's Wedding" at Our Savior Lutheran Church in Redfield.
I have never been to "Tony & Tina's Wedding," but hear it well worth the experience. Ironically, my only Italian friend invited me to these Norwegian nuptials along with our friend Deb. The interactive play was put on by their church members and was a fundraiser for the Ministerial Association and Haiti Relief. Everyone was given a name tag of Norwegian nature on arrival and we just happened to be the "three Delores'"--Delores Johnson, Delores Johnsson, and Delores Johnsen--Lena's college roommates. So, even though we were hoping to just "blend," we did get to have a tiny part in the festivities. It wasn't too painful, though. :o)
Unfortunately I forgot my camera. I really wanted to document that the three of us all managed to leave our respective homes on the same evening if nothing else.
It was really a fun, fun evening. You have to love a wedding with the "Too Fat Polka" as the recessional, several kinds of Jello & hotdish, and toilet paper kozy presents that were "Oh, for nice!"

No comments:

Post a Comment