Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mood Swings

Sometimes it amazes me how a day can go from good to bad to good in no time at all.
Our linemen were out working on the electrical lines leading to our farm again today, so the kids and I spent the day at Grandma's house. (I am not complaining about no electricity for a few hours anymore since many friends and loved ones just got reconnected after days and days of no power.) So, that was actually the good part. We had a nice, peaceful, and relaxing time with Grandma and we returned home to find our lights were once again shining brightly.
Then Landen came home. Not long after the chaos started. The peaceful feeling of the day was forgotten. Suddenly I had two fighting, screaming boys who would NOT stop, a girl who continues to find potty training a rather difficult skill to master, and a broken Wii remote (oh, the horror!) For a few minutes, I didn't know if I was going to throw the boys out in a snowbank, or just fling myself into one.
Then things got better. The nice guy at Nintendo customer support sent me a repair order, Teresa actually came upstairs and went potty BEFORE she went in her pants, and I sent the boys downstairs until supper time with no more Wii time tonight.
Now things are looking up again. Bedtime is less than two hours away. That's even better.
Tomorrow will be a new day. I hope it starts out on the good side--preferably WITH electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment