Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snack Time Zones


I was lamenting to my mother-in-law last Saturday after a particularly long week with Nathan. This was his main dialogue for twelve hours a day:
"Is it snack time?"
"When is snack time?"
"Can I watch a movie?"
"Can I play the Wii?"
"Is it snack time yet?"
One of her suggestions was to make a clock to show snack time. After three kids, I should have thought of that myself, but that is why I am so blessed to have a supportive mother-in-law nearby. You would think she raised four little snackers herself!
On Monday morning, we put the plan into place. We made two clocks--one for morning snack and one for afternoon. Nathan wasn't too excited about helping me make them, so I questioned if he would go along with this plan.
The results were amazing, however. He asked me for a snack one time and I pointed to the clock. He said, "The little hand is there, but the big hand has to move some more." That was all I heard until 10am. That day I especially made sure to have snacks on time so that he could see what the "real" time actually looked like.
Today is Thursday and our snack time clocks are still doing their job.
So, that is one problem solved and my sanity saved for the time being. Now, onto my little girl who thinks she is at least ten years old instead of just two!

No comments:

Post a Comment