Thursday, December 24, 2009

Unexpected Blessings

This is not the Christmas I had planned. I am sure several thousand families throughout the midwest can say the same thing today as a major storm (supposedly) moves in.
Our family went over to my husbands' parents this morning with the intention of staying just until after dinner to beat the bad winds and snow home. It turned out that the winds held off until this evening. We had a fun time with everyone there, but in the process I missed out on Christmas with my family because of the storm everyone thought would arrive this afternoon.
I felt sorry for myself for a little while, but not too long. I really love my parents/brothers/sisters-in-law, niece, and nephews. I am thankful that we live close enough to have our impromptu Christmas together, even if it isn't what any of us really planned on doing today!
God has truly, truly blessed us.
Although this might not be the Christmas you had planned, take a little time to see the blessings around you--even if it is someone you hadn't expected seeing on Christmas Day!
Thank God that no storm can keep us from celebrating the birth of his Son wherever we are.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment