Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Molasses Crinkles

I was SURE I had posted the recipe for Grandma Rosemarie's Molasses Crinkles at some point this past year, but I can't seem to find it anywhere--even using the handy-dandy search tool I just added!
These cookies are a must-have for cold winter days. They smell and taste delicious and pair wonderfully with a cup of hot coffee. Grandma always had plenty of these in the freezer for anyone who might stop by.
Nathan, Teresa, and I mixed up a batch of these this morning. This time we mixed some red and green sugar with the white sugar to make them more "Christmasy." They were more than happy to be my sugar-rolling elves!

Molasses Crinkles
1 1/2 cups shortening
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup molasses
4 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
2 tsp ginger
4 1/2 cups flour

Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and molasses. Add dry ingredients. Mix and drop by spoonfuls into a small bowl of white sugar. Roll in sugar, put on greased baking sheet, and flatten down. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. They crack open nicely on the top.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm... I remember these cookies fondly. I'll have to make them soon. I miss them. You should post some pics. :)

    ReplyDelete