Monday, June 29, 2009

Just a few days left . . .

and then the Kallas family will be back in Leola again! I am so excited to see my aunts, uncles, and many cousins. My mom is one of 12 siblings, so getting together once a year is always quite a "big" deal. I will even meet a new cousin, baby Logan Kallas, who was born this past spring. I have such a wonderful family and I am so blessed to be a part of it. We are an extended family that actually likes to be together, and for that I am so thankful.
This year is Leola's 125th Celebration, so we are preparing for our parade entries. We are hoping for some more float competition this year from other area families. I cannot divulge any information on this top secret project--you will have to come to the parade on July 4 or wait for the pictures. :o)
Nathan has the whole weekend planned out. First he is going to ride the jelly bean train (barrels pulled by a lawn mower) and ride the ponies, then throw candy in the parade, and finally go to Carter's house (his cousin in MN) the next day. Carter's sister Lily, our goddaughter, will already be 2 years old on July 7.
So, it is a week of anticipation and preparation as we get ready for the busy weekend ahead.
If you hear a roar coming from around Hwy 10 later this week, you will know the Kallas family has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment