Monday, June 22, 2009

Pool Bums

Ever since my bright idea to go to the pool early last Wednesday, the kids and I have become pool bums. Last week we got rained out on Thursday, so had to go back on Friday. We were all SO disappointed.
This week we have lessons today, Tuesday, and Thursday. As long as the weather cooperates, it works out very well to go early, play at th park for a half hour after the pool closes, and then return to the pool a half hour later for the boys' half hour lesson. It sure has been fun watching them all splash around. Even Teresa likes the water this year and loves the zero entry pool. She walks in a little bit, climbs out, and then walks back in--going a little farther in each time. It's great until I have to keep her OUT of the pool during lessons. She thinks she is taking lessons, too, and wants to do everything the big kids are doing.
If we're lucky we'll get to the pool once a week or less after lessons are over. It is a long way to drive to swim for an hour and, as I've posted before, is easier to just give the kids the garden hose for awhile.
I am glad that the original indoor swimming lesson idea did not work out. Since the lessons are held in the afternoon, the boys haven't had to shiver at all--except for the first chilly day.
As an added bonus, I have the best tan I've had in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment