Monday, June 1, 2009

Golden Peach Pork Chops

It's recipe time again! I had bought some pork chops on sale last month and came across them in my freezer this morning. I decided to make them, but didn't quite know what I wanted to do. I went to my favorite recipe site--www.allrecipes.com--and found this great recipe. We give it 6 thumbs up so far. Nathan didn't like it (but he doesn't like much) and David hasn't been in to eat yet. I lost count how many times Teresa wanted me to refill her tray. Trust me. It's very good!

1 can (15 oz) peach halves or slices, drained
5 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
DIRECTIONS
Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use); set fruit and juice aside. In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; transfer to a slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves; mix well. Add the tomato sauce, vinegar and reserved peach juice. Pour over the chops. Arrange peach halves on top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender.

*I did not brown the pork chops first. Also, I baked them in a 300 degree oven for 2 1/2 hours instead of the slow cooker.

1 comment: