Sunday, May 31, 2009

Highlights from My Sunday

1. Walking into church this morning and immediately seeing Sr. Darlene Gutenkauf--a Presentation Sister who served our Eureka parish for several years when I was just a little girl. I hadn't seen her since then, but today was able to greet her once again and introduce her to my family.
2. Landen & Nathan's reactions to the incense in church due to Pentecost. Every time Father waved it around, Landen said, "Oh, no. Not again." Nathan, who has a very sensitive sniffer anyway, covered his face with his and David's hands.
3. Being tapped on the shoulder halfway through mass and being told my little boy's pants were down! Nathan had a Band-Aid on his knee that he had to take off right then.
4. Having our Sunday coffee in Cresbard with brother-in-law & sister-in-law John & Jodi this morning and pizza with my sister for lunch.
5. Landen telling me to be careful not to put helium in his "Up" balloon as I was blowing it up for him--with my own lungs.
6. The movie "Up"--it is simply fantastic and that is just the first 10 or so minutes. I highly recommend it to movie goers of all ages and look forward to adding it to our DVD collection.
7. Our family (except for Teresa who spent some time with her aunt Amanda) kicked back and decked out in our 3D glasses.
8. Buying more--yes, more--flowers and herbs to plant.
9. Actually getting a day off from the daily grind. Our family really needed that again!
10. The boys leaving a few minutes ago to check cows with David! Teresa is in bed, so I have a little bit of time to get a few things done.
It was once again a great day. It was more windy than I usually prefer, but what did I expect with Pentecost today? At least the wind didn't stir up any naughty behavior from my kids today! Well, not much anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment