Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday

I see I haven't posted since last Tuesday. I guess I was busier than I thought getting ready to go on our Melius couples' vacation to Valleyfair & the Cities. The weekend was so great, although sometimes I wonder if I have anything in common with my crazy inlaws and husband who love the roller coasters. They can plummet from Wild Thing & Steel Venom, but cringe when I even mention my favorite--the Tilt a Whirl. David rode on it with me once and it about did him in. If I ever had a sense of adventure when it came to amusement park rides, and it never was much, it is completely gone now. Any amount of height above the ground about put me in near hyperventilation. I had fun watching everyone else, though, and marveling at their courage.
Saturday we girls went to my type of thrill ride--a huge outlet mall. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when we arrived in Albertville, and then we turned the corner and saw another huge building. We all had so much fun and found great bargains. After meeting up with the husbands and David's cousin & wife, we went to a wonderful dinner at Ciao Bella.
The entire weekend was a breath of fresh air . . . and one I think we all needed. The only problem is now my parents and sister need a similar vacation after spending it with my little Melius miracles!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Albertville! I could spend a couple of days there! Valleyfair is fun too - visiting there last year was the first time I'd ever been on a big coaster and I loved it! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete