Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Spinach & Swimming



The garden produce of the day was spinach. We all like spinach--not the big, wrinkly variety, but the baby leaf kind. We have always eaten it raw in place of lettuce, but I will probably have enough to freeze and use in future lasagna. Landen & Nathan helped me harvest that this morning.
I decided after dinner that going to the pool to play before the boys' swimming lessons would be a good idea. It was warm and humid from the recent rain which made for perfect swimming weather. Besides, how cruel was I to take them to lessons, but not let them actually play in the water? I did not get any pictures at the actual pool. We only get water fun pictures when David is along. Otherwise I am too busy constantly counting 3 heads.
However, I stumbled upon the following scene as we were getting ready to leave. Teresa knew she wasn't supposed to go outside alone with Nathan. When I heard the door close and no more Teresa noises were coming from the entry, I marched down the hall, around the corner, threw open the door and saw this.

I am guessing she thought that if she put on her hat first, she wouldn't get into trouble. She was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment