Friday, September 30, 2011

Tough is Life

When I was little, I could never remember which came first--"life" or "tough" in the saying "life is tough."  Consequently, I ended up saying "Tough is life" most of the time, which gave the adults around me a laugh.  I didn't understand why at the time. . . I thought I was just repeating what my own parents had told me!
It seems that I will have to use "Tough is Life" on Landen.  Boy, is his life tough lately!  When it comes to taking on new challenges, he struggles.  Most things come easily to him and that is just how he likes it, thank you very much! 
Second grade has already given him a few lessons in growing up.  School requires more personal responsibility and his CCD class at church is now more structured than when he was younger.
He was having a rough time on Wednesday after school.  The whole world was against him.  (Just ask him; he'll tell you.)
On the way home from CCD later that evening, he summed it up as only Landen can.  He told me he didn't like 2nd grade because now he had to do all of this extra work with "VERY LITTLE REWARD." 
Oh, Landen.  Welcome to life.
It can be tough that way.

1 comment:

  1. Tell Landen thanks for helping with Lydia!!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete