Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Ahh. . . . time to breathe a bit.  Life has been a little busier than normal with harvest going on and these other little extras. 
To add to it, yesterday we had some work done on our phone and TV.  I had a feeling that something would go wrong.  When the phone, TV, and Internet are involved, chances are next to 0 that everything will connect as it is supposed to.  I was right!  Our "old" router (really, I have socks older than that thing) wouldn't connect to the Internet, so I was Internet-less until just a few moments ago.  Determined to reconnect myself, I went through the new router's tutorial and I still can't believe it actually worked!  
That is a very good thing since between the Internet and the broken toilet handle that is waiting for the man of the house to fix, I was just about to get a wee bit crabby! 
Since I am not crabby anymore (for the moment), let's proceed with this catch-up post!
 Friday was Homecoming!  Nathan's class said "Wildcats are Grrreat!"  This was his first parade and he was loving it!
 Landen got to be a banner carrier with a couple other Toucan Sams for their Fruit Loops theme.
 We also got to spend some time with cousins Luke & Lydia.  Landen took every chance he could to help Lydia, so he could practice for the new baby.  He played with her, helped her, made her laugh, and even offered to feed her.  He definitely passed the "big brother" test and is ready to be promoted to big brother of 3 younger siblings.
Remember that box of pears I couldn't resist?  Well, after sharing several and baking a batch of pear muffins, I still had MORE than enough pears to eat before they got too ripe.  I decided to make a batch of pear sauce (instead of apple sauce) on Saturday morning.  Between my family's first taste for breakfast on Sunday and supper that night, it was GONE.  I can see another box of pears in my future . . . next fall.
It sounds like tomorrow will find me out of my usual post in the kitchen and out in the field!  More on that later . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment