Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thankful

What I am thankful for today:
1.  Our phone lines have been reconnected after they were knocked out yesterday.  Depending only on my cell phone with questionable reception and no Internet makes me feel way too disconnected!
2.  For a happy baby on the ultrasound screen.  I wasn't expecting to see baby this morning, but Dr. wanted to take some measurements.  All looks good, but that ultrasound room still makes me nervous!  (Sorry . . . I didn't get any new pictures to share!)  :o)
3.  For the nice man at the grocery store who called me a "pregnant young lady."  That wouldn't be a compliment for everyone, but for a woman, who is in fact pregnant, has been married 10 years and is quickly approaching the age of 33, it definitely is.
4.  For the box of pears I just couldn't resist buying.  I do this every fall.  Do I have time to take on a box of pears right now?  Not really.  But, they just looked and smelled so good! 
5.  I was able to celebrate National Coffee Day with a Pumpkin Pie latte at The Daily Grind.  (That was only 1 shot of espresso instead of a double.) :o)
6.  Spending the afternoon with my nephew and niece and watching them play with my own kids.  It is so much fun to see cousins who love spending time together.  It reminds me of my cousins and me when we were growing up.
7.  Homecoming tomorrow!  Our candy stash was almost in need of replenishing.  (Not really.)  Time to start rationing those Tootsie Rolls again . . . .
8.  For beautiful fall days!  Soon I will be preparing to hibernate, but for now I am appreciating the warm sunny weather.  Let's get those fields harvested and safely in the grain bins!
9.  As always, BEDTIME!
I hope you had much to be grateful for today, too!
Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment