Friday, September 23, 2011

No School Today!

Oh, what a mixed blessing that is! :o)
It is great to have a long weekend just a few weeks into the school year.  (Our teachers have an in-service today.)  What makes it even better is that it is a beautiful fall day (yes, it is officially fall now)!
Teresa loves having her brothers home with her and isn't constantly calling "MOM!" to make sure I haven't abandoned her and become an over-the-road truck driver.  Lucky for her, I don't have a commercial drivers' license.
So, for the moment life is good.  Landen is working outside and Nathan and Teresa are playing nicely downstairs.  I hear things hitting the wall once in awhile, but no screaming follows, so I consider that playing nicely.  That could change at any moment . . . .
I have been preparing for the Open House on Sunday.  The wine list is complete and I am excited for the menu . . . it is composed of all new recipes!  I try new recipes all of the time for parties and other events.  Just the thought of trying a new recipe and offering it at an event scares some of my friends to death, but it's always worked for me!  Why not this time?  I am most excited to make and try the Pumpkin Fudge.  I'll keep you posted on that!
Here's wishing you a beautiful (and peaceful if your children are at home) fall day!

No comments:

Post a Comment