Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Homecoming Week

Between apple processing and Homecoming week, I have been hopping!
This morning I took a break from the applesauce factory to clean out my stockpot and tie dye a tshirt for Landen to wear tomorrow. After that was done, I cleaned the stainless steel pot again and filled it right back up with apples to boil.
I am done with the applesauce now and was able to freeze several containers for the winter. I feel like a squirrel. I have gathered my food and now I am ready to snuggle in and nap for the winter. Too bad there are many, many acres to harvest before I sleep! :o)
Back to Homecoming . . . today was 50's/Rock & Roll Day. Landen wore a rolled white tshirt and I tried to spike his hair with gel & hairspray. Between his thick hair and the hurricane winds we had today, he was disappointed that his hair didn't stay that way all day! The school cooks dressed up as the band KISS with full makeup. I met my friend Rita, who is one of them, on my way to school and laughed out loud. I can honestly say I have never passed a member of KISS on Highway 20! Pictures from all week can be seen on www.northwestern.k12.sd.us.
Tomorrow he will be ready for Tie Dye day and I have to put just a few finishing touches on the cardboard guitar he will need for the parade on Friday.
Whew! Having a Kindergartener during Homecoming week is hard work. When my kids are in high school, I will have to clear my entire calendar for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment