Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm Baaack . . .

and I am in the Christmas spirit!
The Labeling/Stamping of the Envelopes Phase of Operation Christmas Card is complete and the Letter Phase is waiting for approval. Hopefully the Photo Order will arrive in the next week so that the Stuffing may begin!
I've just been feeling so cozy this week, wanting to decorate, bake, and enjoy being in my nice warm home.
Tomorrow is the State Oral Interp Festival and the last day of my job until March. As I look forward to tomorrow and am anxious for how my team will do, I am also thankful for the additional time and attention I can give to home projects after we are done for another year. It's just that seasonal change. As the weather gets colder, I start to hibernate for the winter. . . with plenty of chocolate to get me through!
It is all about balance for me--I need enough outside work to want to be home and enough time at home to want to get back to the outside world. It is quite the balancing act--that is for sure!
But, anyway, back to the Christmas spirit. My brother-in-law shared an email this past week. The words "Hallelujah Chorus" got my attention, so I clicked on it. I am so glad I did and want to share it with all of you. It is amazing!
If you have never seen a flash mob, it is a bunch of people staging a surprise performance in a public place. The first one I ever saw was on "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution" last summer when a group of students started dancing and cooking in the middle of their college campus.
This new flash mob, which just happened in November, brought tears to my eyes. I love the "Hallelujah Chorus." For a group of people to choose that song to sing in a shopping mall food court just seemed so unexpected and yet so appropriate.
When we get caught up in the Christmas shopping and wrapping and awkward pictures with screaming kids on Santa's lap, God is always there reminding us what Christmas is all about!

Are you curious?
Go to www.casttv.com and type Food Court Flash Mob in the search box.

HE SHALL REIGN FOR EVER and EVER! AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment