Monday, November 29, 2010

In Transition

Please excuse yet another blog break as I transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas-preparation mode. The house is halfway decorated, the Christmas photo order is in the mail, and our family's 2009 recap letter is a tiny glimmer in my head. Yes, I know it is only Nov. 29, but I LOVE these little steps I carry out every year. The day after Thanksgiving is my starting line.
Some people claim Christmas cards are too expensive or even obsolete. I say, "Don't steal my joy!" I love to send Christmas greetings as much as I love to receive them--in my mailbox or my inbox.
As long as they sell Christmas stamps, though, I will be stamping my envelopes with the Madonna & Child and sending the bulk of our family's cards via snail mail. With a very large extended family and great friends, the whole process can get to be . . . well, quite a process! Therefore, my spare "Moooommm!"-free hours will be devoted to this tradition for the next few days. I will love every peaceful moment as I reflect on our last year and those who loved us on our way.
In the mean time, enjoy some new Christmas tunes on the play list.
God Bless your first week of Advent!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to receiving the Christmas cards through "snail mail!" I enjoy every day a little more as Christmas nears.

    ReplyDelete