Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Semi-Homemade Gingerbread Cookies

Remember last year when I made gingerbread cookies and substituted about everything except for the ginger? Well, those were good, but this recipe is even better--and easier!
As much as I watch the Food Network, it is rare that I actually make a recipe from a show. When I saw this one, though, I couldn't wait to try it. It is from "Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee." They roll and cut out sooo easily, which makes this recipe a keeper!
Our cooled cookies are waiting for Landen to get home so the kids can start decorating.
Semi-Homemade Gingerbread Cookies
1 package sugar cookie mix
1 egg
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice (I split it between allspice, ginger, nutmeg, ground cloves, and cinnamon.)
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup dark molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine & chill for 1 hour. Roll on a floured surface and cut into desired shapes. Bake for 8-9 minutes.

P.S. The Christmas card crisis is over--I will now be taking such projects locally! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment