Monday, December 20, 2010

The Tribe Has Spoken

In case you were one of the three South Dakotans not tuned into the "Survivor" finale last night, our hometown girl Holly Hoffman made it to the final 4 before being voted out. I was so proud of her that I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I would be if/when it happened. It helped that she made it to the Finale show and we were able to watch her all season long!
David and I have often commented over the past 10 years of "Survivor" what it would be like to have someone we know on the show. Would they act differently? What would the others say about them? How would it change our perception of the competition?
We just had our chance to find out, and, (except for the shoe-stealing incident), Holly carried herself with the grace and determination she is known for, no one ever said anything too terrible about her, and we enjoyed hearing the little insider information of their living conditions, etc. that she was able to give out throughout the season.
In November, my godson Jordan asked if I could get him Holly's autograph. At the time, I didn't know if she was doing autographs, but I was pretty sure that she would agree to do that. Not only was she gracious enough to send a 5x7 autographed picture for Jordan, but one for each of our three kids as well. They have them proudly displayed among their special tractors--that is a place of high honor in this house!
What a fun season it was for these "Survivor" fans. I am grateful that our children's new "Survivor" role model is worthy of their admiration, too.
Thanks a bunch, Holly. You made us all proud!

1 comment:

  1. that's so cool that she made it that far. go sd girls!

    ReplyDelete