Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sneaky Trainee

*Part of my reason for keeping this blog is to keep a record of major family events. If you aren't interested in the thrill of potty training, you may want to skip this post.

It may still be too early to tell, but it seems as though God is blessing me with an easier potty training experience with each child. In the past two weeks, it looks as though my daughter may be the easiest one. Teresa is training herself behind my back--literally.
Last Thursday, David came in the house as I was working at the kitchen counter and just as Teresa had gotten up from her nap. I had been putting her in underwear for the previous morning even though I didn't actually expect her to get the hang of it. She wanted to wear her new underwear again and this time I had the time to help her out.
He noticed a funny look on her face and asked, "Are you pooping?" I turned around as she turned, ran to the bathoom and did her business. David and I were clapping and cheering--encouragement that her brothers had thrived on--but she looked at us like she was thinking, "What's the big deal?"
Well, since that miraculous day, we have been busier again and I put the underwear away for awhile as she hadn't seemed interested.
Tonight my aunt and I were talking in the bathroom as our youngest kids were in the bathtub. Out of nowhere, she pointed behind me as Teresa had climbed out of the tub and was ready to climb onto the toilet. I popped on the smaller seat and gave her her new favorite thing--toilet paper. Before I could even hide the rest of the toilet paper roll, I heard an interesting sound. She was actually going potty with absolutely no encouragement on my part whatsoever!
It may still take several months until we are diaper-free, but we are definitely on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment