Wednesday, September 9, 2009

On the Road

This week has been very unusual. David has been gone at farm meetings for most of the past two days and tomorrow afternoon I get to leave on my own educational business trip!
I am SO excited. Well, I am not sure if I am excited for the South Dakota Speech Convention or that I get to spend the night at my friend Rachel's house on the way there . . . I think it is a little bit of both.
This is my sixth year coaching speech activities, but my first time attending the speech convention. I am hoping it will be the educational experience I expect it will. It seems like our team does fairly well locally, but struggles to earn Superior ratings at State. One of the sessions addresses what state judges look for at the State Festival, so I am especially looking forward to that.
Ahh . . . a day and a half of learning more about Oral Interp, meeting other speech coaches, eating restaurant meals without having to tell anyone to sit down . . . and all on the shores of the Missouri River.
It all sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment