Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Service Calls

I absolutely detest making service calls.
Take last evening, for instance. I had just brought my computer home from the Dr., tried to connect to my wireless router and . . . nothing. So, I called our internet provider (during an especially bad "worst hour" no less) just to get on their list to have someone come out. I had been living without wireless and my laptop for over a week and even though I know people have faced greater adversity, I was getting pretty cranky. It turned out I called a number with someone willing to help me over the phone. Even though I had not expected to work on the computer right then, I followed his instructions. In the end, we still could not get the wireless to work. At least I still had three children. I didn't know how it would turn out with me locked in the office!
I called someone else this morning and she had me unplug the router and then plug it in again. Guess what--it then found the network and connected. So, that helped my mood considerably. My internet is back, but mostly it is one more service call off my list!
I just hate making those calls so much because I know either I will have to lock myself in the office and risk my children's lives as they fend for themselves (as I unwittingly got myself into last night) or I will have to spend valuable time during their naps to solve problems that I know nothing about.
David has wanted me to switch his Tracfone over to a new model for a few weeks now. It will probably take just a few minutes to do over the phone. Or, it may take longer. I just haven't wanted to take that chance.

1 comment:

  1. Wireless networking can be a pain in the butt sometimes! It can be very frustrating - I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete