Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Place

I used to hope God that had a Hobby Lobby waiting for me in heaven. Permanent 50% off scrapbooking supplies and home decor. Oh, yes. I could handle that for all eternity!
But, now I found another happy place on this earth that I wouldn't mind wandering through forever. Parkview Nursery. I had my senior pictures taken on its property and have driven by it probably thousands of times, but I never actually stopped until today. Wow. It was awesome.
David and I have decided to put in a little landscaping project. This is quite humorous since all we actually know is where it is going. We each have designs in our heads, but have not sketched it out. We didn't even really talk about the size of the area until we were about ten minutes away from the nursery.
Nevertheless, the help we had at Parkview was amazing--despite the fact that it was raining while we were looking at all of the outside shrubs. I decided on some promised-to-be-easygoing plants--a couple of rose bushes, a small white-flowered bush, a couple of evergreens and a blueberry plant. Yes--I am trying blueberries again. This plant looks much more promising than the stick I tried last year! (And cost a bit more, so it BETTER grow!)
I suppose Parkview is probably no different than any other nursery, but I have led a sheltered life. My gardening experience has been limited to temporary greenhouses in department store parking lots. I have never seen so many acres and acres of flowering plants altogether in my life. It was a beautiful sight.
I am SO returning sometime when the sun is shining to buy my flowers. It is going to be a beautiful summer!
See what I'm talking about at www.parkviewnursery.com!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love nurseries. There is a really nice one conveniently (and dangerously) close to where I work. I can just run over during lunch break! =)

    ReplyDelete