Friday, May 28, 2010

For The Birds

The boys decided they just HAD to make bird feeders today. They learned how to do it from watching "Special Agent Oso" yesterday and couldn't wait to smear peanut butter on pine cones.
We all got to work after naps. I thinned peanut butter with a little water and added a little pancake syrup to make a bit more "glue." The boys had already collected their pine cones from the yard. I found a few foam paintbrushes and took them, our glue, and a bucket of birdseed outside. This was defintely an OUTSIDE job.


The kids painted them and then rolled them in the birdseed. My job was to tie yarn onto each one. (Notice the lack of photos between painting and hanging them on the trees--my fingers were too sticky.) :o)
We now have yummy bird feeders all over the yard. I hope our feathered friends like the--after the wind goes down and they come out of hiding!

No comments:

Post a Comment