Friday, May 14, 2010

Rain is a Good Thing!

As excited as I am to see the sun this morning, I have to say I can't complain about our recent rains.
It was nice having David in the house more often.
I could tell my kids, "Ask your dad," and they actually could!
Meals were always on time, since we were all in the house at the same time.
We finally got around to purchasing a Bur Oak tree--a gift from his parents for our fifth anniversary. (We will celebrate our ninth next month.)
In the course of these rainy weeks, we were able to have TWO date nights!
I have a willing landscape designer to help me haul bricks, level them, and plant the new shrubs today.
I hear rumors that the rain gutters may go on the house this weekend. (Stay tuned for that one . . . .)
Yes, it is wonderful to work and play in our yard again today, but in the words of singer Luke Bryan, "Where I come from, rain is a good thing!"

1 comment:

  1. I must say that I agree with you 100%! Although I do love sunny warm days, I also love having my husband home with me! I am definitely going to come to love winter much more than summer on some days I think.

    ReplyDelete