Saturday, May 22, 2010

New Plants

I have been planting something nearly every day this past week. I did a little online research on annuals and perennials last week (I am such a gardening nerd this year!) and discovered the sweet potato vine. I stocked up on those for my pots and will include coleus and vinca vine in them. If they do what they should (and survive the especially blustery day we are having today), I will have beautiful cascading leafy pots by the end of the summer.

The kids and I checked out our local greenhouse yesterday for some spikes to fill the backs of the pots. They didn't have any of those left, but we found some other really cool plants instead. Check out the Corkscrew Rush and the Chenille plant:

The only problem was they like shade, so we gave them their own home on the deck.
I've done a little research on the chenille plant, and that should cascade as it grows, too. The corkscrew will be a fun accent. We also found some fiber optic grass to fill in the perennial bed.
I want to show you my Hobby Lobby purchase, too. It changes every day as the kids rearrange it for me. It's fun and gives our outdoor space a little extra color. The ants on the bottom represent my kiddos--Landen and Nathan on the raft and Teresa with the watering can.


Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment