Monday, February 9, 2009

Rainy Day

I love rainy days! We are having an unusual rainy February day today. As long as the temp stays above freezing, it is all good.
I have always been a mostly inside girl. My ideal outside temperature is about 75 degrees with a slight breeze. If it deviates from that too much, I am either too hot, too cold, or too windblown. I much prefer my house with consistent temperature control. Rainy days take off the pressure to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. I can complete my inside work, or work on a hobby (if children permit) without feeling guilty about missing the too hot/cold/windy day outside.
There is something about a cloudy day that inspires me to complete long put-off projects. I started organizing a couple of closets yesterday, so I will probably finish that project today. Maybe we'll finish baking the ready-made Snickerdoodle cookie dough in the fridge. I would also like to scrapbook and maybe finish Nathan's knitted scarf, but I know those things won't happen until after bedtime tonight.
Rainy days have become even more of a treat since I married a farmer. As every farmer's wife knows, when it rains, you get to see your husband! During the summer, a rainy day can mean a rare trip to Aberdeen together. Even if it means just seeing David in the house more during the day, I am happy. Summer days can be very long when David is gone from morning until night. I am always thankful for the rain--not only for our fields--but also for our family. Having Daddy around more during the day makes everyone happier. It refreshes our family life as well.
So, enjoy the rainy day! Bake some cookies, clean a closet, read a book, or watch a movie when you get home from work tonight. Rainy days don't come often, especially in February, so take advantage of it while it's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment