Friday, January 16, 2009

Everybody's Doing It!

Landen came up to me and said, "I know what we can name our next baby!" I told him I think we are done having babies. He replied, "But, Mom, EVERYONE has more babies!"
Babies ARE really cute. Whenever I look at the pictures of my little chicks as tiny newborns, I fall in love with them all over again. I am one strange mom who actually likes the newborn stage. I don't even mind the night feedings since all three of my babies could log at least three hours at a stretch from practically the first night home. Everything is so new, beautiful, & tiny. For the first days, I look at my babies and think, "Wow--this is how you looked curled up inside of me when no one knew what you looked like!" I think that's cool.
It is no secret that David and I have always talked about having a somewhat-big family with 4 kids. Up until the minute Teresa was born I was thinking not only about this newest miracle, but also the "next" one. But now I know why so many families have three children and count their blessings. Being outnumbered is pretty crazy most of the time--especially when you are like us and have followed the every other year pattern thus far! Parents with more than three kids have told me that three was the BIG change and #4 (or more) just fell into place. Some say two was their biggest change, but I thought that was easier than just one.
So, who knows. I'm ONLY 30. Some of the brotherly fighting has lessened since Landen has started school part time and Nathan has accepted--after a year--that his sister isn't going anywhere. Thus, he has become her friend (most of the time) instead of a little bully.
We just may catch our 4th parental wind after Nathan makes it through his terrible 1's, 2's, and now 3's. If not, "my cup runneth over" with the three beautiful, healthy children we have--temper tantrums and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment